SAS Updates on Coronavirus
Updates on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Scottsdale Artists’ School is Reopening.
Here is some very important information on the school’s reopening. Please read it carefully.
(Updated May 15, 2020)
To our Students, Instructors and Community:
Arizona has lifted its mandatory stay-at-home order and is currently in phase one of opening. Our SAS staff will be returning to the school this Monday, May 18th to prepare to reopen the school. The school will re-open on Monday, June 1st. We know this has been and continues to be a turbulent time and we want to thank you for your patience and understanding.
Health and safety are our foremost concerns as we prepare to re-open the school. We are working to restore our regular schedule while implementing ways to keep everyone safe. It is our plan to move forward with both our youth and adult Summer Programming. To see the available programs please visit our website. In the spirt of moving forward we would like to share with you the guidelines that our Executive Director has implemented as a returning and recovery process for SAS. It is our hope that you will stand along side us and support us in these measures to insure the safety of all.
What SAS is doing:
- Masks or face coverings are required for all staff, instructors, students and visitors while on the school premises.
- Max capacity numbers per room have been revised to follow social distancing for facility, artists, models, instructors, summer camp students and visitors
- All frequently used surfaces are being disinfected and cleaned regularly.
- All equipment has been sanitized and will continue to be cleaned between student usage
- New sanitizing stations have been installed in each studio and we ask that you use these regularly. These are in addition to the sinks in each room with antibacterial soap provided.
- The 6-foot social distancing suggested by the CDC will be followed within the school building
What we ask of you:
- Wear your masks or face coverings while on school premises
- Stay home if you feel sick. Do not come to the school. Contact a medical provider and follow their advice.
- Conduct self-screenings throughout the day – If you or someone around you exhibits symptoms of illness: fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other indicators you /they should leave and seek medical attention.
- Do not gather in one place – entrances, doorways, front desk, etc.
- Wash your hands with soap and water and use the hand sanitizer regularly, especially after touching frequently used items or surfaces.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover your cough or sneeze, cough into a tissue, or the inside of your elbow.
- Please follow the SAS procedures set in order to create a safe environment for all.
This page is updated regularly with a complete guide on re-opening and moving forward during this time. We also encourage you to visit the .
We thank you for your support and understanding and we look forward to seeing you soon.